In 1958, Dave and Ruth Young purchased 8.4 acres of land from Ruth's father, Ralph Passmore, with a dream of some day starting their own business.
In January 1960, with $100 cash and $300 borrowed for an air compressor, a little piece of that dream became reality when they opened Young's Garage
in the basement of their home. Dave worked the mechanical end of the business, doing repairs and state inspections, while Ruth picked up parts and scheduled appointments, using their freezer as a desk. Eleven years later, their dream was complete with the business incorporating and moving out of their home to 1022 Lenape Road.
In addition to repairing vehicles, Young's Garage houses a towing business with a fleet of 5 tow trucks. The color of the first owned tow truck was green before Dave started Young's Garage, with several blue and white lettered trucks throughout the years, to the present color of red with white lettering.